135 Hillcrest Road
Due to the success of our last science sessions Sarah will be running some more fun, hands-on, science for home-schoolers.
If you are a member of the Porirua/Kapiti Area Home-school Community contact Lucia Gemmail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book a place.
If you are interested in Sarah the Scientist running practical science sessions for your home-school community please contact me directly.
In October we are running three, hour long, sessions including:
Dinosaur Science (5 years +)
- Look at a range of dinosaur fossils and dinosaur models
- Share our knowledge of dinosaurs
- Make giant dinosaur jigsaw puzzles
- Make a Plaster of Paris replica of a fossil, including dinosaur teeth and claws
How Did That Happen? (8 years +)
- Floating Coins
- Flip tops
- Ghost fish
- Make a hole in the palm of your hand
It’s Electric! (11 years +)
- Learn about electricity.
- Build a torch from scratch – make an electric circuit, solder it and assemble your torch to take home.
- Use a Van der Graaf generator.