STEAM learning at Sarah the Scientist
STEAM is Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Maths as an integrated subject.
STEAM challenges require students to make, tinker, build and engage in critical thinking.
STEAM learning is inquiry and future-focused.
Bring STEAM to your classroom with on-line, practical, cross-curriculum learning experiences from Sarah the Scientist. As a research scientist I understand how you are always using a range of skills, across disciplines, to solve real wold problems. As a teacher I use the same skill set to overcome challenges for my students. I want all students to learn how to integrate their learning so they can be critical and effective problem solvers in whatever they choose to do in their future.
Benefits of STEAM learning
Students who participate in STEAM learning:
- think outside the box
- feel safe to express innovative and creative ideas
- feel comfortable doing hands-on learning
- take ownership over their learning
- work collaboratively with others
- understand the ways that science, maths, the arts, and technology work together
- become increasingly curious about the world around them and feel empowered to change it for the better.