by Sarah the Scientist.
Want an exciting Birthday Party that will be the envy of all your friends? Then try a Sarah the Scientist Science Birthday Party.
My party philosophy is to have every child as involved as possible with everyone getting hands-on with all the experiments. I will of course wear my lab coat to get the proper science look! You can hire child sized lab coats for the participants. Check out the gallery below.
A science party normally take two to two and a half hours. In that time Sarah the Scientist will do three hands-on experiments with the party goers. The most popular experiments for are Fake Snow, Slime (the colour is chosen by the birthday child) and Mini Rockets. With Fake Snow and Slime everyone takes home what they make. For other party experiments click here.
The Bottle Rocket Launcher can be done as a free extra if you have a safe place for a launch. The bottle rocket goes the length of a tennis court!
In between the experiments Sarah needs some time to clean up and reset for the next experiment, normally parents do present opening, a party game or eating. Sarah is there to make your life easier so there is no rush with these activities. She will wait until the children have finished their activity before starting the next experiment.
Payment options and participant minimum
$25 per head option which includes the party plus personalised invitations and party bags with Dr K’s Mind-blowing Milk experiment kit (other Dr K Science Kits by negotiation) and some science lollies.
$20 per head option for just the party.
For a party in Wellington, The Hutt and Palmerston North there is a minimum of 12 children. On the Kapiti Coast it is a minimum of 10 kids. If you are further afield let me know and I will price it for you.
Alternatively if you are having a big family get together, with lots of children, I can do walk up and do science activities for the children starting at $300. This is a Family Science Party click for further details.
Things to Hire
I have other things you can hire to make your science party really special.
- Children sized lab coats are $25 to hire up to 24 coats.
- 250 mL plastic beakers which are great to use as drinking glasses $20 for up to 24.
- Selection of scientific equipment to theme your party space. We can put food colouring in them to give it the mad scientist look. These are $20 for the set.
- Oscar my life sized, plastic, human skeleton will come and hang out for $15. He also comes with three giant skeleton jigsaw puzzles that the children can put together as another activity.
- Jelly brain mould with fake blood. I will post the brain mould to you so you can make a full sized, human, jelly brain for your party. Recipes for the jelly brain (regular and lactose free versions) and edible fake blood included. I will pick the mould up at the party. – $20 postage included.
To enquire about availability and book your Science Party go to our contact page with your preferred dates, times, location and a contact number. Or call or text 021 022 29002.
“I would have to say that this was one of the best children’s parties that I have been to” Annie from Belmont after her son’s 9th Birthday party.